Friday, February 29, 2008

Sometimes



At times I see you
You silver rider
Sometimes your voice is not enough
Your face in windows
Outside forever
Nobody dreamed you'd save the world

The march is over
The great destroyer
She passes through you like a knife
Oh take me with you
You silver rider
Sometimes your voice is not enough

"Silver Rider" by Low


Two of my favorite things about photography are the opportunity for storytelling and the different interpretations that viewers bring. This image has a specific meaning to me, but that's between me and the twister. Is he returning home from far away or preparing to leave somewhere he's been far too long? Is he a hero facing his fears or a coward running from something unbearable? Maybe he's ready to be swept away. Perhaps it's just a dream.

I want to extend my thanks to Jo of Desire to Inspire for her post about me today on her incredible design blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment