Wednesday, May 7, 2008

May



My Grammy has always been a song bird, to this very day she will break out into song. When I was little one of the tunes she sang to me was "April Showers" –
Though April showers may come your way,
They bring the flowers that bloom in May.
So if it's raining, have no regrets,
Because it isn't raining rain, you know, (It's raining violets,)
And where you see clouds upon the hills,
You soon will see crowds of daffodils,
So keep on looking for a blue bird, And list'ning for his song,
Whenever April showers come along.
Back then I took the song quite literally, but now that I'm older I can appreciate the meaning of the song. The dark times prepare us for all of the beauty that is waiting for us in life, and the rainy weather just make the sunny days that much sweeter.

No comments:

Post a Comment