Sunday, May 11, 2008

Radiohead at Lakewood

Thom Yorke of Radiohead at Lakewood Amphitheater 5/08/08
Photo by Robb D. Cohen. More of Robb's photos from the show here

I absolutely love live music but it has been quite some time since I've seen a show with 18,000 people in attendance! I really enjoy looking at gig photography, but I never end up bringing a camera to shows. My fear is that I wouldn't be able to take pictures and simultaneously get lost in the music that I came to enjoy. You know, kind of like walking and chewing gum at the same time. Fortunately in this digital age I can view other people's photos and even videos online shortly after the show.

The band performed a really great set playing material from seven of their albums. The first time I saw Radiohead was in a very small venue shortly after OK Computer was released. During the show this Thursday it dawned on me that several of the fans at the show were probably in elementary school when I was at my first Radiohead show. Well, I'm young at heart and you can never take that from me! Here is the setlist:

01 All I Need
02 There There
03 Lucky
04 15 Step
05 Where I End And You Begin
06 Nude
07 Pyramid Song
08 Optimistic
09 Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
10 The National Anthem
11 Idioteque
12 You and whose army
13 Reckoner
14 Everything in its right place
15 Bangers and Mash 
16 Bodysnatchers

17 Videotape 

encore 1
 
18 The Gloaming
 
19 Talk Show Host
 
20 Just
 
21 Faust Arp
 
22 How To Disappear Completely


encore 2 
23 Paranoid Android

24 House of Cards

No comments:

Post a Comment